Young or old, we all need to feel like we belong.
FAMILY CAREGIVER PROGRAM
Support, Inc. recognizes you have taken care of your loved one for so many years without financial compensation or formal supports. We’re pleased to offer you both under the Family Caregiver Act! We know this can be a stressful and overwhelming time. We are here to make this critical transition as smooth as possible and give you the peace of mind that your family deserves.
Other key aspects of the Family Care Giver Program, which supports friends and family home care, include:
- You are provided the maximum flexibility to create your plan, which can include paying you or a family member for the care that is desired, hiring a non-family to provide care, coverage or reimbursement for costs related to life events and care needs outside of traditional staffing needs, and many other activities focused on supporting you and your loved one to thrive in your home.
- If you choose a non-family member to provide care to you or your loved one, we will screen and train the provider, and involve you and/or your loved one in the hiring process.
- We provide more options and choices by designing a plan that works specifically for your family. You can create your own paid work hours and natural supports schedule around your unique lifestyle, preferences and activities.
- We offer residential supports, respite care options, and can provide more or less depending on your loved one’s needs.
- Our training requirements are simple, clear, and free of cost to you and/or your staff. We offer different training options for your convenience — in person and online.
- We offer a competitive pay rate, mileage reimbursement and access to Support, Inc. employment benefits plan.
- You will have access to our 24-hour after hours support line.
- Can a family member be paid to be a caregiver?
- Caretaker pay / family care taker pay rate?
- What does it look like getting paid — family caregiver pay rate?
- Can a sibling be a paid caregiver for a family member?
- Responsibilities of a paid family caregiver?