Acronyms and Glossary
- ACF – Alternative Care Facility: At Support, Inc., our Alternative Care Facilities (ACFs) provide nurturing environments akin to assisted living for adults with disabilities. These facilities are integral in Colorado’s landscape for disability care and residential services, offering a blend of home host provider amenities and tailored support for adults with developmental disabilities.
- AFC – Adult Foster Care: The Adult Foster Care (AFC) program at Support, Inc. embodies our dedication to providing family-centric residential services for adults with disabilities. This program emphasizes the role of family caregiver support in creating a comforting, home-like atmosphere, akin to home health care near me options.
- ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act: Upholding the ADA, Support, Inc. ensures rights and opportunities for people with disabilities in Colorado. This commitment extends to facilitating a range of disability services, including day programs for adults with disabilities and promoting accessibility in all our programs.
- ADLs – Activities of Daily Living: As part of its in-home support services, Support, Inc. assists with ADLs, enhancing the independence and quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Our services align with the ethos of day support programs for adults with disabilities and ensure a comfortable living in home and community-based settings.
- APS – Adult Protective Services: Collaborating with Adult Protective Services, Support, Inc. safeguards adults with disabilities. This partnership aligns with our mission to protect and support vulnerable populations, mirroring the goals of programs for adults with developmental disabilities and family caregiver pay initiatives.
- ASD – Autism Spectrum Disorders: Specializing in ASD, Support, Inc. offers programs focusing on tailored support and community integration. Our services reflect a deep commitment to personalized disability services, resonating with the needs of day programs for special needs adults and independent living for disabled young adults.
- BISSP – Behavioral Ind. Service & Support Plan: Our BISSP addresses the behavioral needs of those with developmental disabilities, ensuring personalized care and support, in line with the standards of Colorado DD waiver and family home provider services.
- CCB – Community Center Board: The Community Center Board at Support, Inc. coordinates services for individuals with developmental disabilities, resonating with our community-focused approach, similar to the ethos of community living services and host home provider agencies in Colorado.
- CLR – Comprehensive Life Review: The CLR process at Support, Inc. involves a holistic review of the lives of individuals with disabilities, tailoring support plans to their unique needs, akin to the objectives of day program activities for adults with disabilities and Medicaid-approved provider services.
- CM – Case Manager: Our Case Managers integrate services like home health aides and family caregiver programs, delivering personalized care for individuals with disabilities, mirroring the goals of caregiver companies and PASA Colorado.
- CNA – Certified Nursing Assistant: CNAs at Support, Inc. reflect our commitment to high-quality, compassionate support for people with disabilities, paralleling the services offered by residential home health and caregiver companies.
- COD – Colorado Disability: Specializing in services for individuals with Colorado Disability, Support, Inc. offers a range of programs in line with state disability support policies, akin to adult foster care and community options for adults with disabilities.
- CO FCGs – Colorado Family Caregivers: Colorado Family Caregivers are central to our mission, with Support, Inc. offering resources and assistance to these dedicated individuals, reflecting our understanding of their vital role in disability care, similar to caregiver company initiatives and family caregiver pay programs.
- DD – Developmental Disability: Focusing on Developmental Disabilities, Support, Inc. provides comprehensive support including residential and day services, enhancing the quality of life, akin to the objectives of day programs for adults with disabilities near me and Colorado DD waiver services.
- DD Waiver Colorado – Medicaid Waiver for People with IDD: The DD Waiver Colorado is crucial for Support, Inc., funding services for those with IDD and aligning with our mission to offer comprehensive support and care, similar to the goals of host home programs and Medicaid approved providers.
- DIDO – Division of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Working with DIDO, Support, Inc. ensures individuals with IDD receive necessary services, reflecting our commitment to empowering this community, akin to the objectives of day programs for adults with developmental disabilities and personal assistance services.
- DSP – Direct Support Professional: Our DSPs are vital in providing daily assistance and support to individuals with disabilities, ensuring well-being and community integration, paralleling the services of caregiver companies and adult foster care programs.
- DVR – Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Partnering with DVR, Support, Inc. offers vocational services, helping individuals with disabilities achieve employment, similar to the goals of independent contractor caregiver programs and community services group initiatives.
- EPSDT – Early and Periodic Screening Diagnostic & Treatment: Leveraging EPSDT, Support, Inc. ensures early identification and treatment of health issues in individuals with disabilities, emphasizing preventive care, mirroring the objectives of family caregiver programs and Medicaid-approved provider services.
- FCG – Family Caregiver: Family Caregivers are at the heart of Support, Inc.’s mission, with a focus on family caregiver pay and support, reflecting our understanding of their crucial role in disability care, akin to the services of caregiver companies and host home provider agencies.
- HCBS – Home and Community-Based Services: Representing a cornerstone of our services, HCBS at Support, Inc. offers programs such as assisted living and independent living for adults with disabilities, emphasizing community integration and support, similar to the ethos of day program activities for adults with disabilities and family caregiver support.
- HHAF – Home Health Aide for Family: Providing HHAF services, Support, Inc. ensures that family caregivers have necessary support to care for their loved ones with disabilities in a home setting, reflecting the objectives of family caregiver programs and in-home health care services.
- HHP – Host Home Provider: The HHP program is a key component of our residential services, offering nurturing environments for adults with disabilities, aligned with our commitment to inclusive living arrangements, similar to the services of host home provider agencies and adult foster care.
- HRC – Human Rights Committee: Upholding the rights and dignity of individuals with disabilities, the HRC at Support, Inc. ensures ethical service delivery, resonating with the goals of family caregiver support and residential services for adults with disabilities.
- IDD – Intellectual and Developmental Disability: Specializing in IDD services, Support, Inc. provides tailored support, catering to the unique needs of each individual, akin to the objectives of day programs for adults with developmental disabilities and family home provider services.
- IDT – Interdisciplinary Team: Bringing together professionals to develop care plans for individuals with disabilities, our IDT reflects a person-centered approach, paralleling the goals of host home programs and Medicaid-approved provider initiatives.
- IHSS – In Home Support Services: Providing vital assistance in homes, IHSS at Support, Inc. encompasses services from personal care to household management, mirroring the objectives of caregiver companies and day programs for adults with disabilities.
- IP – Individual Plan: Tailoring care and support to meet unique needs and goals of individuals with disabilities, our IP reflects a personalized approach, akin to the services offered by family caregiver programs and host home provider agencies.
- ISSP – Individual Service and Support Plan: Outlining specific services and supports required by individuals with disabilities, our ISSP ensures coordinated and holistic care, paralleling the goals of day programs for adults with disabilities and caregiver company services.
- LTC – Long Term Care: Addressing ongoing needs of adults with disabilities, our LTC services ensure continuous, high-quality support, resonating with the objectives of residential services for adults with disabilities and family caregiver support.
- MANE – Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: Committed to preventing MANE, Support, Inc. ensures safety and well-being through vigilant monitoring, reflecting the ethos of adult foster care and caregiver company initiatives.
- Ml – Mental Illness: Addressing mental illness in individuals with disabilities, Support, Inc. offers specialized support, emphasizing a comprehensive approach, akin to the objectives of residential services for adults with disabilities and caregiver support programs.
- PA – Personal Assistance: Offering individualized support, PA services at Support, Inc. assist people with disabilities in daily activities, promoting independence, similar to the goals of in-home health care near me services and caregiver companies.
- PAR – Prior Authorization Request: Navigating the PAR process, Support, Inc. ensures individuals with disabilities receive necessary approvals for care, facilitating access to healthcare and assistance, paralleling the objectives of Medicaid-approved provider services and family caregiver programs.
- PASA – Program Approved Service Agency: As a PASA, Support, Inc. adheres to high-quality service standards for individuals with disabilities, reflecting our commitment to comprehensive care, akin to the goals of host home provider agencies and day program activities for adults with disabilities.
- PCA – Personal Care Alternative: Offering an alternative to traditional care, our PCA program allows personalized care in a flexible manner, mirroring the services of caregiver companies and adult foster care.
- PMIP – Professional Medical Information Page: Serving as a resource for medical information, our PMIP assists caregivers and individuals with disabilities in making informed decisions, paralleling the objectives of family caregiver programs and Medicaid-approved provider services.
- PNF – Personal Needs Funds: Assisting in managing Personal Needs Funds, Support, Inc. ensures financial resources for care and well-being, resonating with the goals of residential services for adults with disabilities and caregiver support initiatives.
- PRS – Person Receiving Services: At Support, Inc., the PRS (Person Receiving Services) is always at the center of all services and decisions, reflecting the organization’s person-centered approach to care.
- SIS – Supports Intensity Scale: The Supports Intensity Scale (SIS) at Support, Inc. is used to assess the support needs of individuals with disabilities, ensuring that services are appropriately tailored to each person’s specific requirements.
- SLS – Supported Living Services: Services aimed at assisting adults with disabilities, including those with developmental disabilities, in maintaining an independent lifestyle in a community setting. Supported Living Services often include home health aide support and are integral to programs for adults with disabilities, aligning with the Colorado DD waiver and Home and Community-Based Services initiatives.
- SNF – Skilled Nursing Facility: A healthcare facility offering specialized medical care and residential services for adults with disabilities, particularly those who might be transitioning from hospital settings. Skilled Nursing Facilities provide comprehensive health care, including caregiver support and medical care, under the supervision of licensed healthcare professionals, and are often part of disability services in Colorado.
- SP – Service Plan: A tailored document, central to disability programs for adults, outlining the individualized care and services required by a person with disabilities. This plan may encompass home health aide services for family members, align with PASA Colorado guidelines, and involve coordination with agencies that pay family caregivers.
- SSA – Social Security Administration: The federal agency responsible for overseeing and distributing Social Security benefits, including disability caregiver benefits. This administration plays a key role in financial assistance programs for family caregivers and individuals with disabilities, particularly in the context of Medicaid and Medicare services.
- SSI – Supplemental Security Income: A federal income supplement program designed to help low-income individuals, including those with disabilities. SSI is crucial for providing financial assistance to adults with disabilities, especially those in need of residential services and in-home supportive services.
- TBI – Traumatic Brain Injury: A medical condition often requiring specialized caregiver support and rehabilitation services. Traumatic Brain Injury cases may necessitate the involvement of disability services and programs in Colorado, including community-based rehabilitation and caregiver documentation for ongoing care.
Caretaker Pay – DD SLS CES July 2023-2024 Rate Schedules v1.1.pdf (colorado.gov)
Caregiver Documentation Sample – Training Courses – Therap Help and Support (therapservices.net)
Home Health Care Home Near Me- CONTACT – Support, Inc (supportinc.com)