This month we are focusing on personal property inventory and some tips to maintaining inventory! Every person
receiving services who lives in a host home or independent apartment needs to have a complete personal property inventory in Therap.
Why is it necessary to maintain an inventory?
1. Waiver participants receive personal needs funds from social security. Colorado Department of Public Health
and Environment (CDPHE) regulations require that when a person receives these funds there must be a
complete, accurate and current inventory of all the persons’ belongings.
2. If the person ever moves, the RPC will review the inventory to assure all the person’s belongings have been
moved with them.
3. Maintaining an accurate and current inventory reduces discrepancies over who an item belongs to and assists in
the resolution of disputes and/or missing belongings.
4. If your home ever experienced a natural disaster such as, fire, flooding, tornado, etc, this inventory serves as
documentation of the person’s possessions which would assist in the recovery/ reimbursement of destroyed
Tips to maintaining the person’ inventory:
1. At the end of each month, when organizing the person’s receipts to turn into Support, Inc. go into the persons
Therap personal property inventory and log each new item they purchased.
2. Each month, review the inventory with the person. If there are items they have donated or thrown away, update
the inventory to indicate the date and reason.