As summer ends and cold weather settles in so comes cold and flu season. Colorado has also seen an increase in COVID-19 cases. Protect yourself, the person you serve and your family. As a reminder, please do not send people to work or day program if they are sick. If people arrive to day program/work showing signs of illness, you will be asked to pick the person up.
Healthy habits to help protect against illness:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Please do not send people to work or day program if they are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often to protect yourself from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice other good health habits such a cleaning and disinfecting.
- Getting a flu shot and COVID-19 vaccine. Contact your primary care physician, local pharmacy or use Colorado’s get vaccinated website to find vaccine providers near you.